Monday 7 December 2009

Derry Vocational School Football Winners

Well done to both St Patrick's & St Brigid's Claudy and St. Colm's Draperstown who won the under 16 and under 14 vocational school football championships this year respectively. I wasn't able to get to the Under 16 game because I was touring around Vietnam, however I hear Claudy deserved the victory on the day against the reigning All Ireland Champions St. Paul's Kilrea.
I did make it to the Under 14 final between St. Colm's and St. Mary's Claudy and I was very glad I did. Despite the extremely cold weather it was a very good tight final. St. Colm's I would say edged it throughout, although the game never looked certain mainly down to the fact that St. Mary's seemed to be able to score goals at will. In the end St. Colm's ran out winners by five points.

Good luck to both sides now in their quest for an Ulster Title. St. Paul's raised the bar last year, it would be nice to continue that progress in 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment