Thursday 9 July 2009

Club Derry Under 16 Footballers in Croker

On Wednesday the Club Derry Under 16 Footballers got the opportunity to play on Croke Park. 31 players formed the squad that went down, due to a couple of injuries 29 players stripped out. The players arrived in Croke Park around 12 noon, after a spot of lunch they got changed under the Cusack stand and had a warm up in one of the warm up rooms off the dressing room.

Their first game was against Fermanagh which they won on a scoreline of 3-09 to 2-08. A few late lapses in concentration letting Fermanagh back into the game slightly.

The second game was against Armagh who are in the other side of the Buncrana Cup Semi Final and will face Tyrone. Over the 40 minutes Derry were comfortable winners with a scoreline of 3-09 to 1-03.

Although it was nice to win both games the most important thing was that as many players got to enjoy playing on Croke Park for the day and I know all the lads really enjoyed the experience. Some photos below, more to follow:



2 comments:

  1. What a day!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm Adekigbe Ibrahim, I'm 16yrs, I'm from Lagos, Nigeria. Pls I love to join football school, can u kindly enlite me and put me through on how to get the full requirement i will need to be a student of football school.am in Egent now..Thank


    This my Email {playergas@yahoo.com}

    ReplyDelete